Unpopular Opinion Book Tag

13:35

Hello wonderful readers, how are your Christmas plans coming on? Sometime last year a tag took the booktube community by storm. The unpopular opinion book tag is basically as it sounds, majority of us book bloggers and booktubers focus so much on just the popular opinions that we forget about the fact that we are individuals with different view on things. I checked around and found the original video and you can watch it below.





OK... Here is my take on the infamous tag. I hope i don't get chewed up by all of ya'll, this is just my own opinion and i know that all of you have one or more unpopular opinions, feel free to shout out if one or more of mine resonates with you.


1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.



This is quite easy, i will say the divergent series. Not because i think it was a terrible book but because for some reason i found it extremely difficult to resonate with the authors style of writing. The first time i picked up the book, i was still testing the waters on the type of books and writings that i liked and did not like. This book just rubbed me off the wrong way. However Veronica is now one of my favorite authors... and i have not read any of her books. Is that normal?


2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.





Can we all just agree that this book was just a serious let down, uncle Rick broke my heart with the ending of last installment in the Heroes of Olympus series. I seriously doubted if he was the one that actually wrote the last few chapters. I was so pissed i swore never to read any book from unle Rick again... That is until the Magnus Chase series came out.

3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn people for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don't like.



Seriously... Talk about a book not going the way you wanted it to. Even while reading the very last page i still held out hope that somehow the girl on fire will end up with Gale. But Alas, Suzanne Collins had other plans.

4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for. 

More like genre that you never reach for, for some reason when ever i get a copy of any historical fiction novel my brain revolts and shuts down. I can't explain it but historical fiction is NOT my thing.

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.

This is a tough one. Permit me to pass on the premise that i might loose a lot of readers if i say the character on my mind.


6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into.

I feel like i am the only book blogger yet to fall in love with Kiera Cass author of the selection series. I purchased the first book in the series last year and i read only half of it, i liked it a lot but the book was stolen and since then I've been having issues returning to the series and the author.

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)






LOVE TRIANGLES. Why is hate them so much is the one singular fact that authors always seem to make the female character sway between two boys as if that is the only thing that matters. I believe that a good love triangle when woven can create a most fantastic plot... But come on it just feels very abusive.

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.


I learnt the very hard way that sometimes when my favorite book bloggers and booktubers excessively hype a particular book it does not mean i need to read it. I have no desire to read Miss Peregrine's school for peculiar children, not because it think it is a bad book but because it has been so over hyped i get the feeling am not going to like it.

9. 
The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?



Umm, Can i pass? Seriously, i think am yet to find a movie adaptation i love more than the book. However i can say that the hunger games: Mockingbird is very close. The book was so fast paced i lost track of what was happening half the time, i always had to pause and do a mental catch up on the story. Now while it is amazing to have a fast paced book, i do not think it did the story as much justice as the movie did. I really liked the  producers decision to stretch the movie into two parts and really explore the elements of the book.


Alright guys, that is it! What unpopular opinions do you have? I would really like to know, drop them in the comment section below.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I hated the end of BOO also... I am 80% sure i could have written a better ending.

    ReplyDelete

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Stanly has completed his goal of reading 20 books in 2016!
hide